Monday 15 August 2011

Annabel Lee (Part Two)





The media used are watercolour, graphite and mechanical pencil. It was a pleasure to spend so much time ruminating over this poem, one of the greats in my opinion, and in using materials which I am not all too accustomed to. The poem to me has a deep feeling of melacholy and repetition, which I have tried to reflect in the images; the greys and blues create the sad and sombre atmosphere, and the repeated use of the sea in the images echoes the relentless timbre of the poem and of the narrator's despair. They are of course far from perfect, but it was terribly cathartic doing them; I do love the sea ever so .

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Plymouth, Devon, United Kingdom
I'm a 3rd year Illustration student at the University of Plymouth. I'm from London and Southampton, and I now live in Plymouth. Please feel free to contact me at - wait-right-there@hotmail.co.uk Please don't take anything off this site without asking permission! Much thanks. :)